Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My introduction

My name is Hunter... my human parents so named me because my mum is a Hunter S. Thompson fan. But I suspect she also knew that well, for me being me - I am independent and have a wicked sense of humour.

Yes, I am a parrot - an African Grey Parrot to be exact and the parents have never encountered the likes of me before. Well, that's just fine - it means that my plans for world domination will not be interrupted. Ahhahahha! They'll never know what hit 'em.

Sooo... what do I like to do for fun? Well other than learning to imitate other sounds around me, I particularly enjoy dissecting things. Hey, the parents haven't nicknamed me 'Destructo-Bird' for nothing!

But getting back to that imitating thing... it's kinda neat really. I hear stuff and if it gets my attention I just kinda let it umm 'fly' (a little parroty pun there) causing some surprise and amusement with the other critters that share this household.  I almost forgot. My housemates other than the humans include two cats. I especially enjoy letting out a loud 'meow' just to mess them up! They look at each other and wonder which one of them actually 'spoke'.  Silly cats! It was me! All ME! But more on the furballs later...good thing they can't see the computer screen or they'd be annoyed.

Other stuff I like to imitate include barking like a dog. Big deal right? But hey, I'm only 6 months old - name me a human critter that can do that? Didn't think so. :-)

I'm also learning such funky things like context... to humans, apparently, context is EVERYTHING. They go nuts for it. And total mayhem is guaranteed to ensue if context is absent or at worst (gasp!) misconstrued. Heh.




So this is what I did...Mum was playing an online game called World of Warcraft. She's pretty obsessed with it. Probably good therapy after having a tough day at work.  So, there she is, playing away and not having a good time of it and suddenly mutters a naughty word under her breath. So, I, sitting behind her say "What?"
Messed her right up!

And I started laughing - no really! I was laughing and she just kinda looked at me as if to say 'where did you learn to do THAT?'... funny, funny stuff.

What about my Dad? Well he's pretty cool. I like to sit with him and watch telly. Or if he's on the computer all I have to do is start playing with his mouse and he scratches my head. Works EVERY time I tell ya. Dad's a big suck too so I like to cuddle with him and play with his glasses or some such thing.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this blog. My mum wants to be a writer, so I have asked her if she wouldn't mind me dictating. She said sure, so it's all good.

Have a squawking good time and I'll check back in later.

Hunter

10 comments:

  1. BERD! BERDBERDBERDBERDBERDBERDBERDBERDBERDBERDBERDBERD... ::ahemcoffcoff::

    Sorry had a bit of feath...um, something caught in my throat.

    Welcome to blogging, Hunter. I'm Jack. A Cat. My Opposable Thumb Wench is a friend of your mum.

    I should warn you, young one, that us cats are already working on taking over the world, and there are a lot more of us! And we're *organized*!

    ~Jack


    BERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDD!!!! BERD!!! ::scrambleskitter::
    HELLO, BERD! I'M TENZING! PLEASE COME VISIT MY MOUTH!!!!

    ~Tenzing


    Tenzing! NO!!! Mommy's gonna squirt you again! Sorry, Mr. Berd-person! Mommy! Mommy! Tenzing's being bad!!!

    ~Persephone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh REALLY?

    Dude I've got a big beak talons and oh, hey, I can FLY. So if you really wanna drop THAT gauntlet, have at it.

    Fur and feathers at fifty paces!

    En Garde!

    Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, for once we confused Blogger. Usually it's the other way around. But Percy hit the wrong key when we tried to leave a message.

    Anyway, we came by to meet the bird posing as a cat and sometimes a dog. Must be an interesting household.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Hunter. We're always ready to visit with a fevver. Just sit down on the floor with us and relax, OK?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kitty! Come play with me... Umm, how many of you are there... (takes mental stock).

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. J: BRING IT, BERD!!! There are Hundreds of us! .... Maybe thousands? We're kinda hard to get together and count.

    T: I CAN FLY TOO!!!!!

    P: No, you can't!

    T: Yes, I can!

    P: No, you can't!

    T: Yes, I can!

    P: No, you can't!

    T: Yes, I can!

    P: No, you can't!

    T: Yes, I can! See? ::leap::

    P: MEEP! ::skitterskitterpouncekickkickkick::

    J: Well, maybe the Jurkfase Kitten can't fly, but he can climb to the ceiling and pounce on you, BERD! I think he's training to be a Paratroopercat! And I was a budgie-catching ninja at 3 months!

    Wait...how big are you...?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Hunter. It's nice to meet you. Do the cats react when you bark?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karen Jo,

    Yes, the cats are a bit startled... which makes me laugh my head off because they don't know what it is that made that noise. I mean, I'm not THAT big, I don't have fur... messes 'em right up!

    As for Tenzig Jack and Persephone - all I can say is ahahhahahha!

    Kitties can fly but they can only do it once.

    Squawkily yours,

    Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hunter, dude, messing with the cats? Are yoo crazy? One of these days they'll figger out it's yoo and den yoo'll need a body gard! Speedy sez he volunteers to gard yoo. Oh wait, he wants to do it from his tummy...never mind. Us girls know it's not nice to eat our frends...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Hunter, nice to meet you, some other cats told me you were here!

    ReplyDelete